27 September 2017, 14.00-19.00
European Parliament, Brussels
"A European strategy to enhance the competitiveness of the tourism industry, a key driver for job creation"
Mr Patrick Torrent, President of NECSTouR, Region of Catalonia, will speak at the high-level conference on tourism in Brussels on 27 September.
The event will be opened by European Parliament President Tajani, with the participation of European Commission Vice-President Katainen, six Commissioners, the Chairs of the TRAN, IMCO and CULT parliamentary committees, MEPs, as well as important tourism stakeholders.
Aimed at citizens, policy makers, the investor community, market participants of the tourist sector and stakeholders’ representatives, the conference will look at the Tourist sector, focussing discussion on three areas:
- Supporting investments, improving the business environment and upgrading skills;
- Tourism innovation and digital economy;
- Promoting Europe as the number one tourist destination.
NECSTouR members are invited to join that event.
- 17.30-19.00 - 26 September 2017, Delegation of the Government of Catalonia to the EU, Brussels
NECSTouR extraordinary General Assembly meeting 2017. The event is open to all the NECSTouR's Members. Virtual Participation is also possible.
- 09.00-13.00 - 27 September 2017, European Committee of the Regions, Brussels
High-level Event on "EU financing for innovation in tourism". The event is co-organised together with the European Committee of the Regions and the European Commission. Instered members are invited to attend.
- 19.00-21.00 - 27 September 2017, European Parliament, Brussels
High-level Reception "Investing in Innovation for Sustainable and Competitive European Tourism". Instered members are invited to attend.