I’m Thomas Guillot, your new communication officer for NECSTouR, responding directly to the communication manager.
My main mission will be to contribute to NECSTouR communication strategy, by supporting the network promotion as well as the implementation of the network’s internal/external communication.
Many tasks are ahead of me:
- Assist in the development and the management of the NECSTouR webpage, our main communication channel;
- Reach out to our audience via newsletters and social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Flickr);
- Support the management of our contact relationship management tools (contact database, invoicing system…);
- Assist in the communication activities of European Projects under execution;
- Support the organization of NECSTouR meetings with members, potential new members and Tourism stakeholders and support the organization of the main network’s high-level events;
- Come up with innovative ways of keeping in touch with NECSTouR members and growing our impact in the EU.
It’s my first experience at the European level!
I’m French, originally from the Aquitaine Region. I just moved to Brussels after 5 years in Paris, where I worked for the Val-de-Marne Tourism Board. within Ile-de-France Region, a NECSTouR member. You may know them as the leading partner in the STAR Cities project. I had a specialization in developing Economic Tourism and promoting MICE Tourism. My skills include communications, territorial marketing, cultural engineering, event coordination, networking with private and public partners alike...
I have a Master’s degree in Tourism and Heritage Management from Lyon University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography from Bordeaux University. Previous internships includes event’s coordination for the French Ministry of Finances and a river festival in Paris’ suburb. I also have a strong interest in journalism as I was implicated in local medias (web outlets and radio) in all the cities I lived.
You can address me in English or French, as you prefer - very soon in Spanish and Dutch, with hope. I’m at your service for promoting (y)our NECSTouR projects.