NECSTouR exchanges good practice about tourism in the Regional Operational Programs and helps Members to maximize the investments on tourism.
OBJECTIVE 1: COSME Strategy
- Define how the COSME budget should ideally be used to support Regions and industry
- Involve the Manifesto partners in this analysis and find their support for joint lobby
- Obtain an ad-hoc grant for NECSTouR: finance our activities according to a specific mission
- Lobby the European Commission DG Growth
OBJECTIVE 2: COHESION POLICY Post 2020 Strategy
- Gather the necessary reasons for defending a more visible and direct funding for tourism in the Cohesion Policy post 2020: figures, examples, indicators.
- Define the most appropriate indicators following a transversal approach in all NECSTouR working groups with the aim of gather the necessary data to this aim.
- Monitor and analyse how Regions are spending ESIF in tourism: which funds, types of projects, impacts.
- Monitor and analyse the implementation of tourism RIS3 strategies: types of projects, impacts.
- Facilitate the exchange about the above analysis (and good practices) and encourage the debate about it.
- Explore the possibility of trans-regional tourism projects through ESIF.
- Analyse the possibilities of the European Investment Fund – The Juncker Plan – for tourism following transversal approach in all NECSTouR working groups
- Involve the DG Regio in the whole process supported by the DG Growth
- Analyse the possibilities and influence further the European Fisheries Funds in cooperation with DG Mare and CPMR: Showcase evidence of the economic perspective of coastal & maritime tourism for lobby and fund raising purposes, project proposal about Pescafood in reply to Adrion programme.
- Political statements and policy papers to justify more visibility for tourism after 2020
OBJECTIVE 3: DIRECT FUND FOR TOURISM Strategy
- Assess the scope for a tourism EU programme in cooperation with the Manifesto and the European Parliament, possibly through a Pilot Action
- Develop trans-regional projects through INTERREG.
- Monitor opportunities for tourism under relevant EU thematic programmes for NECSTouR Members