NECSTouR is looking for a motivated individual to join the Permanent Secretariat Team in Brussels in order to support our new strategy 2019 – 2021 implementation.
The internship length is of 6 months minimum (starting as soon as the candidate is selected in the fall 2019).
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Communication Manager, the trainee’s main mission will be to:
- Contribute to the NECSTouR communication strategy, by supporting the network promotion as well as the implementation of the network’s internal/external communication.
The main tasks will be to:
- Assist in the development and management of our webpage (news, events, internal notes, good practices, fix pages…) as our main communication channel;
- Reach out to NECSTouR’s audience via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Youtube and Flikr) and newsletters;
- Support the management of our contact relationship management tools (contact database, invoicing system,…)
- Assist in the to the communication activities of European Projects under execution;
- Support the organisation of NECSTouR meeting with members, potential new members and Tourism stakeholders and the organisation of the main network’s high-level events.
- Come up with innovative ways of keeping in touch with our members and growing our impact
Profile and skills
This is the place for you if:
- You are a student or a recent graduate in International Relationships, Communication or Journalism studies;
- You want to grow your communications experience in a hands-on way in Brussels;
- You have strong writing and editing skills, as well as perfect command of English (native or similar) and a fluent command of other European languages not covered by the Permanent Secretariat (English, French, Spanish, Catalan and Italian). Knowledge of an eastern or northern language is considered a useful asset for your work here;
- You are clued into trends in communications and social media, including competences on communication tools such as CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or similar), Social Media, Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of graphism, photo and video editing programmes is an asset;
- Knowledge in European projects and on European Institutions, experience in a network or an international organisation is an asset;
- You know what means being a polyvalent, methodical and proactive person and you are able to work smoothly in a team adopting a dynamic and solutions-oriented attitude.
NECSTouR is happy to offer the opportunity to:
- Gain a practical experience in the field of European Tourism and Policy;
- Be in contact with high ranking tourism managers, academics and European tourism stakeholders;
- Increase experience on project engineering and management;
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment;
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative;
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment.
How to apply
Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to the Network Managing Director email@example.com no later than10th of September.