We are looking for a motivated colleague to join the Permanent Secretariat Team in Brussels, and support and innovate our way of managing our communication.
Are you ready to grow your communications experience in a hands-on way in Brussels? Do you have proven track record of corporate communication and journalism, but also a proactive, methodical and dynamic attitude to work smoothly in a small team?
If so, you are ready for applying to be our next colleague!
NECSTouR a.s.b.l., the Network of European Regions for a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism, gathers 39 Regions of Europe with a strong competency in tourism, as well as tourism-related academic organisations such as universities and research institutes, and representatives of sustainable and responsible tourism business associations and networks from around 20 Countries of the European Economic Area.
Within our vision to work for the Tourism of Tomorrow, we are looking for a motivated individual to join the Permanent Secretariat Team in Brussels, to support our communication.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Membership and Communication Manager, the Communication Officer’s main mission will be to participate in the implementation of the NECSTouR communication strategy to:
- Make knowledge and opportunities available for our members
- Connect members to facilitate interregional cooperation
- Engage our members in our flagship initiatives
- Increase the network’s reputation by corporate communication
The main daily tasks will be to:
- Assist in the development and management of our communication tools:
- Website: news, events, internal notes, good practices, fix pages… as our main communication channel;
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Youtube and Flikr)
- Newsletters and specific mass-mailings to target audiences
- Support our relations with the press
- Support the management of our contact relationship management tools (contact database, invoicing system,…)
- Assist in the to the communication activities of European Projects under execution;
- Support the organisation of NECSTouR meetings and events (invitation, logistic, communication before, during and after, photography and live social media,…)
- Meeting with members, potential new members, and Tourism stakeholders
- The main network’s high-level events
- Come up with innovative ways of keeping in touch with our members, press EU Institutions and tourism stakeholders, growing our impact.
Profile and skills
This is the place for you if:
- You are graduate in International Relationships, Communication or Journalism studies;
- You want to grow your communications experience in a hands-on way in Brussels;
- You have strong writing and editing skills, as well as perfect command of English (native or similar); Perfect command (native or similar) of an European language besides Italian, French or Spanish is an asset.
- You are clued into trends in communications and social media, including competences on communication tools such as CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or similar), Social Media, Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of graphism, photo and video editing programmes are an asset;
- Knowledge in the EU corporate communication and on European Institutions, experience in a network or an international organisation is an asset;
- You know what means being a polyvalent, methodical, and proactive person and you are able to work smoothly in a team adopting a dynamic and solutions-oriented attitude.
NECSTouR is happy to offer the opportunity to:
- Gain a practical experience in the field of European Tourism and Policy;
- Be in contact with high-ranking tourism managers, academics, and European tourism stakeholders;
- Increase experience on communication and management;
- Work in a dynamic, multinational, and multicultural environment;
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative;
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment.
Kind of contract
Professional Immersion Contract (CIP) of 6 months minimum in Brussels, starting as soon as the candidate is selected in the fall 2021.
How to apply
- Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter no later than 1 December at 12 pm CET to:
- Cristina, Nunez, NECSTouR Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tomaso Comazzi, NECSTouR Communication and Membership Manager email@example.com
- Candidates must be able to certify with official documents any information provided in their CV and cover letter.