Another important acknowledgment to the work of NECSTouR Regions towards a more competitive and sustainable tourism has been obtained today at the "Charter Award Ceremony 2017", organised by EUROPARC Federation to celebrate the work of Protected Areas towards the implementation of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas.
The event has been kindly hosted by MEP Alyn Smith from the Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance at the European Parliament and awarded the 21 parks from the European Union which distinguished themselves on Investing in nature protection and sustainable development.
12 of them are in the territory of a NECSTouR Region, as follows:
- Calabria Region (IT): Parco Nazionale dell`Aspromonte
- Catalonia Region (ES): Parc Natural del Delta de l`Ebre; Parcs del Garraf, d'Olèrdola i del Foix
- Île-de-France Region (FR): Parc naturel régional du Vexin français
- Lazio Region (IT): Riserva Naturale Monte Rufeno
- Occitan Region / Pyrenees - Mediteranean (FR): Parc naturel régional du Haut-Languedoc
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region (FR): Parc naturel régional du Verdon ; Parc naturel régional de Camargue
- Puglia Region (IT): Parco Nazionale del Gargano
- Sardinia Region (IT): AMP Penisola del Sinis – Isola di Mal di Ventre
- Scotland (UK): Cairngorms National Park
- Trentino Province (IT): Reti di Riserve del Trentino