Tourism of Tomorrow Lab is the department of NECSTouR which delivers services based on data to Premium members, our goal is to solve specific and real problems hand in hand with DMOs´ Technicians and to share learnings between the members of the net.
The current core of the department is a team of three experts: Senior Data Scientist, Digital Tourism Consultant Expert and Senior Tourism Data Expert with the full support of NECSTouR team.
The department is hosted in Andalucía Lab, Marbella, and managed by this Region with the support of Lapland. ToT Lab is open to private collaboration like Amadeus, a company that has played a substantial role since the idea's origin.
TotLab differentiating factors:
- Fast and direct impact solving real problems: provides ad hoc consultancy services directly to technicians at the DMO level who are in charge of implementing the results.
- Maximizing existing resources: consultancy services help to define and scope the projects and find solutions based on available data.
- Boost network efforts and synergies: promote collaborations between destinations with common issues.
- Match public and private interests: invites actively private providers (data providers) from the private sector to participate in solving specific problems.
- Strong focus on improving travel sustainability.
- Non-profit but financially sustainable initiative.
Through their membership fee , NECSTouR members can get on a regular basis key market trends and experiences underlying the benefits of data in the decision-making process of DMOs, especially when related to sustainability.
Through their membership fee, the NECSTouR members can find in the ToT Lab a directory of data sources and providers, supporting DMOs to access the right resources they need to create or maintain their own data sources.
The ToT Lab platform will promote internal events to the NECSTour community. These events aim to create an ecosystem with the community and liaise with possible private partners.
Subscribers have the opportunity to share and connect with the core team of the department and with like-minded people to seek solutions to their problems through a collaborative approach. ToT Lab acts as a community manager and aims to provide customers with immediate answers to their questions and feel connected with peers and informed people.
Through this feature, the subscriber learns the key take-aways from other participants when dealing with a specific set of data and makes the best use of shared resources.
ToT Lab develops workshops targeted to technicians and DMO managers, provided by ToT Lab technicians, technological partners and external collaborators.
This service is directed to meet specific data-related demand from the premium services subscribers. The ToT Lab team collaborates with the user to solve the stated issue and, over the long-term, also supports the client with transforming towards a culture of data-based decision making.
The consulting services are carried out at two levels: one the level of data and on the business level.
Learnings and experiences are shared between the Premium partners.
WHY TO JOIN US?
- DMOs are aware of the importance of using data for making better decisions, but thriving in this field is more related to knowledge and collaboration than data. By joining us, you will have access to both.
WHO CAN JOIN?
- European Destination Management Organizations with public participation at any National, Regional or Local level.
HOW TO JOIN?
- Contact the Secretariat, express your interest and receive personalized support.
- The cost to become a Premium Partner is 20.000 euros per year
Tourism of Tomorrow Lab Premium Partners are:
Headquarters and Contacts
The Tourism of Tomorrow Lab Director leads a small and talented technical team of experienced data scientists who deliver customized activities to support the Premium Partners and the freemium activities for all the Members of NECSTouR.
The Tourism of Tomorrow Lab headquarters are in the premises of the Andalucía Lab in Marbella, Andalusia Region, where the team is based.
However, its activity will be international and mostly channeled by and with NECSTouR Members.
NECSTouR is the legal entity of the Tourism of Tomorrow Lab and the NECSTouR Secretariat team in Brussels contributes to its development.