My name is Emme Johnson and I am the new Communication Assistant at NECSTouR. For the next six months I will be supporting the team in a variety of communication tasks related to the daily workings of NECSTouR, upcoming events and ongoing European Projects.
My main tasks will involve:
- Assisting in the development and management of NECSTouR communication tools;
- Supporting relations with the press;
- Helping with the management of NECSTouR contact relationship management tools;
- Assisting in the communication activities of ongoing European Projects;
- Supporting the organisation of NECSTouR meetings and events.
I come from rural England and since graduating in 2017 from my undergraduate degree in French and Hispanic Studies at the University of Sheffield, I have worked in England, France and Belgium. For the last 18 months I have been in Brussels, initially working as a trainee with a tourism-based communications agency, and more recently as a Communications and Marketing trainee for LRE Foundation, an international organisation focused on remembrance tourism with a European network of hiking trails.
I also currently study a part-time Masters in Responsible Tourism Management, so I am excited to combine these skills with my professional communication experience to assist in NECSTouR’s mission to promote economic, social and environmental sustainability in tourism destinations.
I look forward to working with you all and meeting you at the NECSTouR AGM next May!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at emerald.johnson(at)necstour.eu or +32 (0) 471 53 70 43.