NECSTouR has been presenting during the Session on "Embracing digitalization and innovation in tourism" at the UNWTO Affiliate Members Corner on “Tourism Recovery” at FITUR 2021.
NECSTouR President presented on "The Transformative role of DMOs for the tourism recovery, regeneration and resilience".
Check out the PPT
NECSTouR key messages for Recovery
Recovering while transforming
Interregional cooperation + industry + residents
Engaging and empowering public – private alliances
Cross-cutting tourism in regional/eu policies
Cross-sectorial focus, multiplier effect
NECSTouR cases highlighted
Île-de-France Strategy for Sustainable Tourism Mobility
Île-de-France has just launched a new regional tourism scheme which will be implemented from 2022-2026. It imply a deep revision and consultation exercise with all the tourism professionals.
The Region’s approach is integrating sustainable mobility as a key driver of the regional sustainable tourism strategy. A key target to the recovery for the region is be ready to welcome visitors in 2024 Olympic Games for which offer sustainable tourism offer including sustainable mobility solutions.
Responsible Tourism plan by Visit Scotland
To meet net-zero emissions by 2045, Visit Scotland has developed a responsible tourism plan to become the first National Tourist Board to Declare a Climate Emergency. The main focus are:
- Taking action to reduce carbon emissions as an organisation and encourage Scotland’s tourism industry to do the same.
- Working collaboratively with the tourism and events industry to educate and share best practice around reducing carbon emissions.
- Playing a leading role in Scotland becoming a globally recognised responsible destination.
- Engage with the local communities to make sure they are at the heart of everything they do.
Catalonia Restart Tourism
Through the Catalunya reStart Turisme initiative, developed in three phases between October and December 2020, the region aimed to draft a roadmap to ensure a sustainable future for the local tourism sector.
NECSTouR was invited as a member of the board of Affiliate Members of UNWTO.
Other members have been also part of the programme:
- “Gamification of the touristic experience”, Damià Serrano, Marketing Manager, Catalan Tourism Board (Spain)
- “Tourism Data System 2+”, Alicia Orellana, Manager, Tourism Observatory (Eurecat) (Spain)
- “New initiatives for tourism recovery in Barcelona”, Marián Muro, Director, Turismo de Barcelona (Spain)