The President of the Region Istria has established a Commission for tourism, as a professional and consulting body of the President of the Region Istria, to coordinate the activities against COVID-19 negative aspects affecting the tourism sector in Istria.
The Commission coordinates its activities with the Regional Task force for civil protection, the Regional Institute of Public Health and other competent institutions. There is also a dedicated Website with all the relevant information.
Additional information regarding travelling to Istria is available.
HIGHLIGHT of ISTRIA’S MEASURES
FISCAL RELIEF AND OVERCOMING LIQUIDITY
The Istrian entrepreneurs affected by the pandemic are allowed to request:
- Exemption of payment of the Tax on use of public spaces, until the termination of prevention measures and normalization of the economic activity,
- Deferral of payment and exemption of the Consumption tax, until the termination of prevention measures and normalization of the economic activity,
- Reduction of the rental of business premises owned by the public administration,
- Deferral of payment of the Municipal taxes, until the termination of prevention measures and normalization of the economic activity,
- Deferral of payment of the Water regulation tax, until the 30th of June,
- Exemption of payment of the Monument annuity tax,
- Deferral of payment of the Concession on the maritime domain,
- Deferral of payment of the Municipal contribution, until the termination of prevention measures and normalization of the economic activity (maximum 6 months),
- Subsidies to the private education and nursing institutions and entrepreneurs.
PROTECTION OF WORKERS
At national level, the Government has adopted several job-keeping measures for over 600.000 employees, especially for those sectors in more difficult circumstances, primarily this relates to tourism, hospitality and transport.
HEALTH - SANITARY MEASURES
The Regional Task force, in coordination with the National Task Force for civil protection, published several recommendations and prevention measures related to the overall activity in Istria and some measures related in particular to tourist operators:
- Recommendations for prevention of infection in catering facilities with and without terraces and in accommodation facilities
- Recommendations for hotels and private accommodation during the coronavirus pandemic
- Recommendations for campsites and marinas during the coronavirus pandemic
- Recommendations for travel agencies during the coronavirus pandemic
The nationals of the members states of the European Union: Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Austria, Republic of Estonia, Republic of Latvia, Republic of Lithuania, Republic of Poland, Republic of Slovenia, Federal Republic of Germany and Slovak Republic, due to the convenient epidemiologic situation, will not have to - when entering the Republic of Croatia, specifically prove the reason of their entrance (business, economic, tourist, etc.). They will be allowed to cross the border under the same conditions as it was before the pandemic COVID-19, but with the epidemiologic control and according to all the measures and recommendations of the Croatian Institute for Public Health.
In order to be able to contact the nationals of the member states in Republic of Croatia, due to the epidemiological reasons, on crossing the state border their entrance will be recorded by collecting the additional information (travel destination, mobile phone number and e-mail address).
To decrease the time of crossing the state border, which will be extended compared to the previous years, due to the collection of additional information, foreign nationals who will travel to Republic of Croatia are recommended to send their information in advance via web site https://entercroatia.mup.hr/. The web site has accessible design and is easy to use; it has a form available in Croatian and English to enter all the necessary information, and in the following days, it will be available in other languages (German, Slovenian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, Polish, etc.)
Other Information of Interest
Download the measures on pdf