Explore Paris is looking for potential partners for a project to set up an European network of alternative urban tourism. Through this partnership, they would like to look at urban tourism in a different way; enjoy the cultural, artistic and festive facets of a city that are sometimes little known and the occasion to to meet its inhabitants. They aim for tourists to discover the city off the beaten track and redefine the city's borders.
- Facilitate cooperation and networking between European cities
- Provide a space for exchange of experience and good practice about urban tourism
- Promote and highlight each partner and cross-promotion
- Regular meetings
- Renew urban touristic offer and respond at mass tourism issues
Looking for urban DMOs
This idea developed by Explore Paris would feed the solidarity and exchange of different tourist entities. They are looking for tourist organisations similar to them wishing to enhance or reshape their positioning by integrating a broader territorial vision and new forms of urban tourism. This project mainly targets destination management organisations and local/regional authorities but they remain open and interested in any other solution, as the network is intended to be a space for learning and sharing. This project offers no funding yet but is open to the possibility to apply for a call for European funding in the future.
Explore Paris is a collaborative platform created by 8 stakeholders from the Greater Paris area and within the Ile-de-France region, working to revamp the image of Paris and give a wider vision of the destination, by including the the surrounding departments of Paris. Explore Paris offers more than 3000 guided tours, urban walks, workshops and conferences throughout the year at affordable prices to help visitors discover the unusual, avant-garde and creative Paris. For more information on Explore Paris and on the destination contract supported by Atout France, find it on this page : Destination contract
What to do?
- If you are a regional or local destination management organization for urban destinations and you interested by this project idea, please feel free to contact them at the following e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are aware of structures operating in your region that might be interested or targeted by their project, please do not hesitate to spread the information.