Expectations for the period
A notable increase of tourists was expected during the Easter period.
Data for the Easter period
There has been an increase compared to the previous year and in some sectors (rural tourism especially) figures are equal to those seen before the pandemic in 2019. It seems that uncertainties of traveling due to Omicron and the war in Ukraine have been overcome since
- 87% occupancy rate (17 percentage points above the national average (70%).)
- 52% of visitors travelled with their family, 36.6% as a couple and 11.3% with friends.
- 64.8% are Catalan, followed by Basque, Madrid, Valencian, English, La Rioja, French and Andalusian.
- Reservations have doubled compared to last year, in which the occupation at Easter was 49%.
- reached around 85-95% in Pamplona, the main city. Madrid, Catalonia and Euskadi as main origins.
- New blog launched to help the sector attract future tourists and convince them that Navarra is an ideal destination.
- Articles with ideas for this Easter and spring have been worked.
- A campaign has been promoted with leading audience media and focused on the segments of rural tourism, family, nature, bicycle tourism, hiking, gastronomy, wine tourism and Way of St James.
- advertising to attract local tourism
All these actions are contextualised in the Action Plan for 2022.
Balance of the spring season
For the rest of spring, 16,7% of tourism businesses expect to surpass 2019 in the first quarter of 2022 and 25% in the second quarter according to the Exceltur Confidence Survey.