‘Relaunching European Tourism through Cultural Heritage & Digitalisation’ is the overall theme of the European Cultural Tourism Awards 2022.
The European Cultural Tourism Awards is an initiative from the European Cultural Tourism Network (ECTN) for which NECSTouR together with European Travel Commission and Europa Nostra cooperate since 2018, as "the legacy of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 and to encourage the development of sustainable tourism destinations around Europe".
The Awards will be given for achievements by cultural tourist destinations which have produced significant results related to enhancing visitor experience while respecting traditions and involving local communities.
As partner of the initiative, NECSTouR warmly invites its members to apply (deadline 20 June 2022).
The 2022 Awards
Applicants are invited to showcase their results in sustainable cultural tourism under five selected categories:
- Cooperation between Museums and Cultural Heritage Sites (including European Heritage Label sites), in relation to the ReInHerit Horizon2020 CSA
- Medieval Heritage and Archaeology (supported by European Association of Archaeologists)
- Digitalisation in Sustainable Cultural Tourism, towards Smart Destinations
- Transnational Thematic Tourism Products, including European Cultural Routes (involving at least two countries)
- Promoting European Heritage to Young Visitors and Travellers (in the framework of the ‘European Year of Youth 2022’).
This 2022 edition is organised in the framework of the European Year of Youth.
How to apply?
The Joint Awards are open to all tourist destinations across Europe, national, regional and local authorities, tourism boards and associations, destination management organisations, museums, interpretation centres, cultural routes, festivals and cultural NGOs.
You can apply directly on ECTN Website
The deadline of applications is 1 June 2022, 17.00 CET.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony to be held during the 15th International Conference for Cultural Tourism organised by ECTN on 19-22 October 2022 in Krk, Croatia.